ARRB provides world class independent investigation and litigation support services to a range of public and private sector clients. We are proactive in working with clients to review, benchmark and improve their strategies, policies and systems with the aim of preventing future incidents and improving operational efficiency, both of which can reduce legal vulnerability.
ARRB can assist with any land transport related incident that may occur worldwide. From rapid at-scene response, where the identification and preservation of evidence is paramount, to systematic in-depth,independent investigations to identify causation and contributory factors and ultimately, feed back the lessons learnt to achieve positive safety and operational gains.
ARRB also offers in-house training packages covering investigation techniques; skills training for road authority engineers in specialist technical areas (such as skid resistance of road surfaces) and our very highly regarded interactive workshops on the legal challenges faced by road authorities.
What our team can offer
Our specialist team can offer:
- incident scene response – mapping, photography,preservation of evidence collection of eye witness evidence/eye witness interviews
- incident investigation – chronology, causation and contributory factors
- incident simulation, animation and visualisation independent incident reports for either internal or legal purposes
- litigation support
- expert witness opinion and testimony, including liaison with other experts as required
- training – including awareness of legal challenges facing road authorities (and typical legal action brought against them); an engineer’s toolkit in writing witness statements and appearing in court and tribunals.
Technical areas frequently covered include - highway design, provision and maintenance; road user and road environment interaction; and road user performance, with all assessed against pertinent international, national and local standards and guidelines.